Poll

Buy, Rent or Skip The Americans (Season 3 - 2015)?

Buy
0 (0%)
Rent
1 (100%)
Skip
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: The Americans (Season 3 - 2015)  (Read 206 times)

Mac

• Global Moderator
  • Dewey Cheatham & Howe LLP
    • View Profile
The Americans (Season 3 - 2015)
« on: March 22, 2016, 01:03:53 pm »
REVIEW TO COME...
Believe in Yourself
Because the rest of us think you're an idiot.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Chiprocks1

• Administrator
  • Tell me a joke...
    • View Profile
Re: The Americans (Season 3 - 2015)
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 03:03:59 pm »
The Americans (Season 3 - 2015)

Trailer

Back in Season 2, they hinted at the idea that Paige , their 14 year old daughter was being courted by the Russian Center to become a spy just like her parents. In Season 3, it's all about Phillip (Matthew Rhys) doing everything he can to dissuade Elizabeth (Keri Russell) to keep Paige out of this kind of lifestyle...to give her a carefree childhood that doesn't involve everything that comes with being a spy. The parents are still the main plot that drives the series, but this season was more about kids (theirs and others) and how they come to terms with what they do will affect the lives of those they deceive. This was a fascinating season to watch unfold and the moment Paige finally learns the truth about who her parents are was about as perfect as you can imagine. The B Story involving Martha (Alison Wright) was just as electric when she discovers that her Husband (Phillip leading a double life, married to another woman) learns the truth that she had been used to carry out his plan to infiltrate the FBI. I can't wait to see how this picks up in Season 4, which started last week. So, I have the first episode waiting for me to watch tonight. It's great when you don't have to wait 6 months for something. Yay!! Anyway, if you haven't been watching any of The American's, then you probably aren't one.  ;) Season 3 definitely worth a Rent for sure.
Chip's Rockin' Art
Michael Scott To Meredith: "You've slept with so many men, your starting to look like one. BOOM! Roasted! Go here.

Chiprocks1

• Administrator
  • Tell me a joke...
    • View Profile
Re: The Americans (Season 3 - 2015)
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 05:14:25 am »
The Americans Season 6 Trailer (HD) Final Season
10 Stars out of 5

Gonna post in here even though it's Season 6. So, I may have not done threads for Season 4,5 and 6, but I have stayed with it the entire time. Honestly, The American's is one of the best written series of all time and the acting is top notch. But I don't think a lot of people appreciate just how nuance it all is. In this day and age, it's about instant gratification and everything has to be 'in your face' to get a reaction from someone. The series is just the opposite. It's all about finesse in building up both their characters and the missions. Sure, there are moments where sh*t hits the fan and comes out of nowhere to hit you over the head. But I think it's not about doing that for the sake of doing it, but to get across to the viewer that anything can happen at a moments notice.

But I'm here about the Series Finale and what a Finale it was. Easily one of the greatest Finales ever. I'm very happy in how it all played out. From the very beginning when I started watching the show, there were two things that were in the back of my mind and those two things remained there for each and every season. Actually from each and every epiosde it was all I could think about. The inevitable confrontation between Stan (FBI Agent and Neighbor) and Phillip and Elizabeth Jennings (The Russian Agents, i.e. the "Americans"). Stan a few episodes back in this season started to suspect who the Jennings really are and it finally comes to a head. The showdown was both electric and subtle all at once. It was everything I had hoped it would be and nothing at all like I had envisioned it. Go figure. It needs to be watched again.

The other thing in the back of my mind of course was what would happen and become of both Henry and Paige, more Henry than Paige as the series went onward since Paige found out early about her parents and began training as an Agent. But with Henry, he remained untainted by the families secret, which made the ending all the more tragic when he finally learns the truth about his entire life. The "escape" for Phillip, Elizabeth and Paige was nerve-wracking, especially the train sequence. And just when you think they are in the clear and the train starts rolling again, they drop the biggest bombshell moment of not just the Finale, but quite possibly the entire series is when we see that Paige actually gets off the train. She finally becomes her own person and makes the hardest choice of anyone in the family....to let her parents go. The reaction of both Phillip and Elizabeth was heartbreaking when they realized what just happened.  I will never be able to listen to U2's With or Without You ever again in the same way. Perfect song choice.

Overall, the season was fantastic from start to finish and the series itself always delivered exceptional performances. The Finale gets 10 Stars out of 5. It's THAT good. I'm going to miss the series.
Chip's Rockin' Art
Michael Scott To Meredith: "You've slept with so many men, your starting to look like one. BOOM! Roasted! Go here.